Thursday, June 5, 2014

to do list: june

And somehow, May is over. Insert cliche "time is going so fast" sentence here. But seriously. It is. 

Here's what I had planned for May:

1. Take time to breathe. As you can tell from my lack of posting for a few days... I'm learning how to take a break. Slowly. There is so much going on in our lives, and something just has to give. I love this little blog too much to completely stop, but my posting may be a little more random than normal. 

2. Say yes. Or no. See above. I've actually said no to a few things, and it's felt good. 

3. Buy my blog URL. This didn't happen, and honestly, I don't know if I'm going to right now. 

4. Spend one week organizing the following parts of my house: closets/laundry room, cabinets/closets, kitchen, basement. I didn't do this as strictly as I originally planned, but I did do quite a bit of organizing, so I'm totally giving myself credit. :)

(I also had some fitness goals, this post shows the results of that!)

I went easy on myself in May on purpose. I am still going to go pretty easy on myself for June, because really - life is crazy right now. But, there are a few things I want to make sure to get accomplished. Here they are:

1. Put mulch down in the gardens. Now that spring is officially here and the plants have started coming up, I want to get mulch laid down! Exciting homeowner life. :)

2. Buy new planters and plant flowers in them. I sold our old planters on Craigslist because they just didn't match our style, so I want to find new ones for the side door. 

3. Get Weston baptized! His baptism is scheduled for June 8th, so this is kind of a gimmee - but I'm excited so that's totally OK.

4. Go on at least one family fun day. Weston is getting to the age where it's fun to take him places, so I want to start going on family adventures!

5. Go to the farmers market at least once. Minnesota has a ton of awesome farmers markets, and I really want to take advantage of them this year!

6. Meal plan every week. I have to plan recipes around the fresh produce I'm buying from the farmers market, right??

7. Stay caught up in the blog world. I've been trying to stay caught up, and I'm definitely doing better... but I still need improvement. Once my Bloglovin' number gets over 300, I get overwhelmed!

What's on your to do list for June? I want to hear your goals!



Photobucket

9 comments:

P!nky said...

Woohoo, way to go on your goals for May! And June looks good too, can't wait to see pictures of family fun day.

Kristin said...

Awesome goals my friend! Can I invite myself to the Farmers Market with you?! :)

katielookingforward said...

I bought my blog a couple of months ago, and I kind of wish I hadn't....I did it because I was getting sponsor opportunities, but I'm so picky about sponsor opportunities, that I'm not sure that it makes sense. I would hold off until you are absolutely certain, don't do it just because you think you "should". You're blog is great just as it is!

~Dawn~ said...

Meal planning is a huge goal of mine that I just can't seem to follow through with each month. BUT, I did make a nice meal last night and packaged leftovers for lunch today - FEELS SO GOOD! :)

Mateya said...

I've thought about buying my blog domain too but I don't know if I blog enough to justify it!

Angie said...

Meal plan is always on my goals list and I never get to it. Hope you have better luck! Sometimes we just hit a busy season of our lives and have to take a break. That is okay...you can only do what you can do!

WinterBenson said...

Great goals! I wish I had a farmers market to buy fresh veggies from! :)

aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

bloglovin over 300?!?! I get stressed at 100!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Blogging - I need to get better about it!!

I bought my domain for $1 on godaddy! Now I just need to put it to use! HA