Thursday, May 22, 2014

one bowl homemade chocolate chunk & toffee chip brownies {recipe}

I feel a little guilty posting this recipe now that I'm trying to be more healthy. 
BUT - these brownies are just so dang yummy, so I had to share them!

original recipe here

**I doubled this recipe since I was baking it in a 9x13 pan**

INGREDIENTS
2 sticks unsalted softened butter
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (1.5 bags)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
4 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups chocolate chunks (two bags)
4 cups milk chocolate toffee chips (two bags)

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 pan with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Place butter in a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot. (about 45 seconds)
3. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. (it's ok if it's not perfectly smooth)
4. Add flour, salt and sugars. 
5. Mix a few times, and then add eggs, yolks and oil, then mix until well combined.
6. Add chocolate chunks and toffee chips, then stir.
7. Transfer batter to baking dish, spreading evenly.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. 

_____________________________________

Like I said, this recipe definitely doesn't fall into the healthy category. But I'm a firm believer of yummy desserts... and when they're this yummy, it's OK that they're not healthy. These brownies are so rich, moist and chewy. SO PERFECT! Just get ready to walk 50 million steps to work these brownies off. :)

Photobucket

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my word that looks good! Even at 9am! haha

hello erin said...

My husband once set out to make homemade brownies and it was a DISASTER. You seem to have it down way better than he does! I'm saving this recipe!

Jess Beer said...

So...I saw this picture, though "that looks amazing," then scrolled down to the bottom to comment...I can't even read this recipe or I'd immediately make a pan and eat the entire thing. Then possibly repeat that action a few more times. Seriously.

~Dawn~ said...

You're killing me, girl!! Especially since I've declared May as no treat month as part of the #4weeksfit challenge!! I've been SO good so far and have no indulged in one piece of cake, cookie, bar, candy, ect....but, this might just break me! haha

Ashley said...

Do you deliver?!

Meghan said...

Definitely going to have to try these!

Crystal said...

Holy shizzz! I'm gonna have to make these... maybe tonight! :)

Katie said...

mmmmmmmmmm! I'll take some! I've been into brownies a lot lately... ;)

Ashley said...

These sound dangerously yummy!!

Katie said...

These look awesome, definitely will have to try them! Also, I am a firm believer that it is impossible to really follow a healthy diet if you don't allow yourself to have satisfying desserts every now and then!

DeNae vanWestrienen said...

They look delicious. And I find it ridiculous that they even make recipes for brownies in an 8x8 pan. Why even bother? :)

Jennifer Shelton said...

As a pregnant mama to be this looks like heaven! I have to have it now!! WOW!!! Cheers! pinterestdreams.blogspot.com

Mrs. Jones said...

Loved this - pinned for later!
jessiepjones.wordpress.com