I was looking at a calendar the other day, and realized that May is over half over. Which means Weston's baptism is right around the corner! I've had it "planned" for quite a while, but I actually need to get to work executing it now!
I typically save my to do lists for the end of the month, but I figured I might as well share this special to do list separately!
I've mentioned it before, but the theme for the baptism luncheon is Noah's Ark, and I'm so excited about it. I originally wanted to use baby animals in the nursery (before monsters became the theme!) and so I'm excited to use some cute animals for this party!
I didn't partner with this Etsy shop to do a review - I just purchased the set and love it so much that I wanted to share it with you all!
Bridget from Oodles & Doodles Etsy Shop makes the cutest party sets, and as soon as I saw this Noah's ark themed one, I knew it was it. I didn't end up purchasing all of the items, since I only needed a few - but they're all SO CUTE!
Now that I have the color and theme set, I need to get going on the menu and decor stuff!
I'll quit babbling... here's my to do list:
1. Buy decor stuff. I need tablecloths, napkins, streamers and any other cute stuff to make it "perfect".
2. Figure out the menu. I'm thinking of doing a deli tray, fresh fruit and veggies and my MIL Kim's awesome chicken salad with some croissants. Then, we'll get a cute cake for dessert. Trying to keep it simple!
3. Figure out mom and dad's outfits. Weston is wearing the vintage baptismal dress that my mom, sister and I all wore for the actual ceremony, and I have a super cute outfit set for the party. Mom and dad need to look nice too though!
4. Figure out a godmother gift. My sister is going to be Weston's godmother, and I really want to get her something special as a thank you.
5. Clean my house. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. :)
6. Fill out the baptism form and email it to the church. This is a super easy one that I've been procrastinating on!
Is there anything I'm forgetting? Have you thrown a baptism luncheon? What was your favorite part? I would love to hear your ideas!