Friday, May 23, 2014

a baptism to do list

I was looking at a calendar the other day, and realized that May is over half over. Which means Weston's baptism is right around the corner! I've had it "planned" for quite a while, but I actually need to get to work executing it now! 

I typically save my to do lists for the end of the month, but I figured I might as well share this special to do list separately! 

I've mentioned it before, but the theme for the baptism luncheon is Noah's Ark, and I'm so excited about it. I originally wanted to use baby animals in the nursery (before monsters became the theme!) and so I'm excited to use some cute animals for this party!

I didn't partner with this Etsy shop to do a review - I just purchased the set and love it so much that I wanted to share it with you all!

Bridget from Oodles & Doodles Etsy Shop makes the cutest party sets, and as soon as I saw this Noah's ark themed one, I knew it was it. I didn't end up purchasing all of the items, since I only needed a few - but they're all SO CUTE!

Now that I have the color and theme set, I need to get going on the menu and decor stuff!

I'll quit babbling... here's my to do list: 

1. Buy decor stuff. I need tablecloths, napkins, streamers and any other cute stuff to make it "perfect". 

2. Figure out the menu. I'm thinking of doing a deli tray, fresh fruit and veggies and my MIL Kim's awesome chicken salad with some croissants. Then, we'll get a cute cake for dessert. Trying to keep it simple!

3. Figure out mom and dad's outfits. Weston is wearing the vintage baptismal dress that my mom, sister and I all wore for the actual ceremony, and I have a super cute outfit set for the party. Mom and dad need to look nice too though!

4. Figure out a godmother gift. My sister is going to be Weston's godmother, and I really want to get her something special as a thank you. 

5.  Clean my house. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. :)

6. Fill out the baptism form and email it to the church. This is a super easy one that I've been procrastinating on! 

___________________________________

Is there anything I'm forgetting? Have you thrown a baptism luncheon? What was your favorite part? I would love to hear your ideas!


Photobucket

9 comments:

hello erin said...

It's going to be SO CUTE! I can't wait to see all the finished details!!

Bri said...

Don't forget to enjoy the moment! :) My best advice to pass on is to delegate a relative or two to take pictures and video. It's a big milestone for your baby, and you'll be too involved to remember to pick up a camera. You'll treasure those photographs!

Katie said...

I think you are the most organized first time mom I have ever known.

Stacie said...

I agree on having someone else take the pictures, then you know you're in more than just selfies (or at least, that's my problem, ha!). To probably throw a monkey wrench in your planning, are you having a baptismal blanket to hold him in during the ceremony? I've had a few friends panic over forgetting it until the last minute then scrambling to find one, have it personalized, etc...

Best of luck, can't wait to see the pictures!

Kristina said...

I need to get on the ball and plan Jack's baptism too. I havent started at all. Slacker mommy!

DeNae vanWestrienen said...

We had Asher baptized when he was about one month old because that's when most of our family was going to be in town. We had a brunch, hosted by his two godmothers. My favorite moment was when it was time to pray over him and my husband and I and our three other kids, plus our pastor and his godmothers, placed our hands on him. To actually see him surrounded by love and to know all these people and more love him and pray for him and support him was such a gift to me. I just went to reread my blog post about that day. sniff. sniff. Thanks for the reminder of that special, beautiful day! http://incaseyoueverwonder.blogspot.com/2013/10/beautiful-day.html

Sarah said...

we need to find a church for this! bah!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

Keep it simple! Get someone to take a few pics in church and try to get a picture of him all dressed up before the day of the baptism. Our normal service is at 9 but the baptism service is at 10:45 and I still didn't feel like I had enough time to get everyone dressed and take pictures before we left so I was glad that I had already done that.

I also ended up stressing that we didn't have favors (because Pinterest is the devil) and my Silhouette Cameo malfunctioned but Jeff reminded me that we didn't need to go over the top to impress our closest family and friends and that no one would care if they didn't walk away with a bag of Hershey kisses. He said, if they get them, great! If they don't, they won't notice! He helped me keep things in perspective and we had the perfect day.

ajs {of MN} said...

looking forward to seeing and reading how everything went! i love that his ceremony gown was worn by your mom, you AND your sister!