Monday, April 14, 2014

weekend recap: weston's first Twins game, birthday fun & catching fire

Spring weekends are my favorite. I get so excited to actually be outside and do things - I joke that I'm coming out of hibernation! HAHA

On Friday night, Weston and I went for a walk when we got home, and then we played until bedtime. So not exciting, but so absolutely perfect. I love life with our little man!


Saturday was an extra exciting day - it was our first game of the Twins season, and Weston's first Twins game EVER!


It was chilly, but luckily the suite that my work has wasn't being used, so they let us use that. (SO GRATEFUL!) It was so nice having more than just seats with Weston. If he was getting too cold, we could go sit in the suite, and diaper changes and nursing sessions were a lot easier! Weston is officially spoiled now! HAHA! Our friends, Dottie & Justin, brought two of their kids, and it was so much fun hanging out with them!


 After the Twins game, we had to hurry home, change and then drive to Jake's mom's house. She was watching Weston so we could go out to dinner for one of our very dear friend's birthday. These people make me so happy, and I'm so grateful to have such awesome people to call friends!


By the time we got back from picking up Weston and driving home, it was almost 2am, so I was hoping that Weston might sleep in a little. No such luck! The little goofball woke up at 7am just like normal! I think he had been up for a little while though, because this is how I found him:


He was quietly playing with his toys that are usually shoved in one corner of the crib. Apparently he's a crib rolling champ now too!

Turns out the 7am wakeup call was a little early for him, because he needed a nap BADLY that afternoon. I went in to check on him after he had stopped fussing, and I found him like this:


Passed out while playing with his toys and blanket. Silly kid!

The rest of Sunday was spent lounging around the house and finally watching Catching Fire. I LOVED it and cannot wait for the third movie! Watching it actually made me want to re-read the books again!

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy. I'm hoping it's just a fluke and I'll feel better by this afternoon. I don't want to be sick on my birthday tomorrow!!!!! 

__________________________________________

I'm linking up with these lovelies!


Photobucket

14 comments:

P!nky said...

YAY first Twins game. That is so fun and love the pictures :)!

Feel better friend! <3

Jenn Korolewski said...

Looks like a fun-filled weekend!! That pic of him with the ball --- too funny.

Brittany said...

Aww Weston looks too cute at the twins game. Glad you guys had fun

Sarah said...

What a great weekend. Happy early Birthday!

Faith said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! Hope you're not sick for your birthday, that would stink! Sending good health vibes your way :)

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

Love all the Twins pics. Looks like Weston enjoyed his first game! :)

Erin LFF said...

Awwww, his first game I LOVE IT!! :) Is that a first game certificate you guys are holding? So so cute!

Hope you feel better friend!!!

Ericka said...

Yay for Weston's first Twins game!! So fun! I totally wanted to re-read the books after watching Catching Fire too!

Leah D said...

Yay for Twins games and a happy baby!

Ashleigh said...

Hello to a fun weekend.. It looks like you had a blast minus the 7am wake up call hehe.. Loved the photos!

Jessica said...

How fun that Weston got to go to his first game! And in style too, with the suite - he is def spoiled:)

And Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Hope you have a fabulous day:)

Katie said...

the hibernation part...so true. I have been saying that and it's so glorious to be able to finalllyyyy come out! ;) ha! love the baseball pics and your little fam!

ajs {of MN} said...

what a fun 1st twins game for weston, spoiled for sure!! ;)

wait until weston starts standing in his crib and then you will walk in to him waiting and SO happy to be UP! :)

Kathryn said...

I think you mentioned it in your favorite things post, but is that the graco click connect jogging stroller? Do you still like it now that you're using it more? I saw you just posted you've gotten to take some more walks now that the weather is getting warmer.