Monday, December 3, 2012

weekend recap: football and movies

It's officially December. Does that boggle anyone else's mind? This year has FLOWN by. 

Last week was draining for me, so by the time it was Friday night, all I wanted to do was sit on the couch with my husband and dogs. And that's exactly what we did. And it was amazing.

Saturday was a busy day, so I got up bright and early (8am!) to get a quick workout in before my day started.


 I headed to meet up with one of my very best friends, Melissa. We had plans to go to brunch at Key's Cafe, but when we got there, Melissa had another idea. She asked me if I felt like going on an adventure, and of course I said sure! We grabbed some Starbucks and drove down to Red Wing to check out the Red Wing Pottery Store.

I forgot to take pictures, but this store was insane! It's like 6 rooms filled with pottery, decor and tons of fun stuff. Including every color Fiesta you could ever imagine. I was in HEAVEN. :) I didn't buy too much, but I did get an adorable red colander: (Melissa got a matching yellow one!)


After our adventure, I stopped at home to pick up Jake, and we headed to Joe Senser's. NDSU is in the playoffs for the second year, so we headed to an alumni event to cheer them on!






The Bison won! Which means they play again next weekend... in Fargo. Jake and I decided that we should be in Fargo reliving our college days for the next game, which means we're headed to Fargo next weekend! I can't wait!

After all that cheering, we needed some more relaxing, so we rented some movies and settled in for the night. 


MIB3 was HILARIOUS as always, and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was really interesting. I liked how they took all the historical data and incorporated it into the movie!

Sunday was way less chaotic. We got our monthly massage (best idea EVER!) and then just did some stuff around the house. While Jake watched the Vikings VS Packers game, I watched Magic Mike...


that's all I really need to say about that. 

I also took some pictures of our Christmas decor... which means you get to see it this week! I know you're excited. :) 


That was our weekend! How was yours? 


Link up with Sami and tell us all about it!

Photobucket

14 comments:

~Dawn~ said...

I can't believe it's December already either - so crazy how fast this year flew by. But, then again I say that every year...Ahhh!!

Looks like you had a fun weekend. Can't wait to see all your Christmas decor.

Katie said...

We have Fiesta! Love it and love adding to it.

:) Magic Mike! Sweatpants dance is the best part!!

Your Christmas tree looks good. I'm still debating if I'm putting outs up this year.

P!nky said...

Looks like a SUPER FUN WEEKEND!

yay for your Bison, love the pictures!

WOOHOO CHRISTMAS decor!

xoxo

Ashleigh Nichole said...

I so wanna go to that store so jealous :( I am glad you all had a fun night & I loved the movie Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It was so good & I was honestly surprised...

Caroline said...

What a fun weekend! I watched Magic Mike on Saturday! Great minds think alike!

Faith said...

Look at us both working out on the weekends! Maybe we did it at the same time, lol.

Your comment to me on Instagram regarding the red colander made me laugh out loud. Seriously!

I'm so excited to see your Christmas decor. I am loving your candy cane garland! I need to take some pictures soon since we finally got our tree up :)

I watched Magic Mike with Sean. Yup, Sean. He had to walk away, hahaha.

Your weekend was def. a lot more fun than mine was :)

Erin @ Keep Calm and Sparkle said...

Totally agree...this year has flown!!! Love the tree!!!

Kelly said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! I remember seeing the Potery Store when we were in Red Wing for Greg's big fishing tourney. It looked neat!

Yay for your Bison! I bet your weekend in Fargo is going to be out of control!!

Bridget said...

I can't wait to see your Christmas decor!!! Have fun in Fargo...it's always so fun going back to the old-stomping grounds of college and re-living those days...minus the hangover of course :)

Ruthie Hart said...

ohhh that colander! I need a new one!

Brittany said...

I have yet to see Magic Mike, I need to get on that!

Jax said...

Way to go on the run! I need to start running again... Love the decor! So pretty! :) Eric's traveling this week so I think Magic Mike might just 'accidentally' get rented on the apple tv. I mean. whatever. ;)

Melissa said...

Oh stop being such a tease with the christmas decor, would YA???! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

id actually like to hear more about what you thought of magic mike... hehehe i love that you watched that allloooonnnnee NO BOYS ALLOWED!